Saturday, October 24, 2009

The first of many

God has appointed this time in my life to experience the suffering that so many others out there are going through. Unemployment. I have been unemployed for seven months. Sure, there have been stints here and there where I make a few bucks, but those are strictly one time deals.

I caught a break with the Navy Reserve a while back when I was sent off for three months of training. That was a steady income for a little while that gave me a sense of purpose again. Not sure what I liked more, the money or having purpose.

I've recently changed my prayers as a result of meditating on the words I've been hearing lately from my wife and from the pulpit. In the past I have always prayed for patience during this trial. Patience to wait for God's Will to be revealed in this trial, patience to continue suffering without understanding why. Now I am praying for courage. I am going to try something different. I don't like different and that's why I pray for courage. Over the next few days I am going to post a lot of my artwork for the eyes of the internet. I am hoping to get a lot of feedback, both good and bad. More importantly I am just hoping something will come of it. What that will look like I don't know. Revealing myself in this way is something I don't do. I don't like to talk about me or show off. So with a humble heart I give you my first sample...





No comments:

Post a Comment