Sunday, October 25, 2009

A tribute to superheros

I've been reading comic books since I was 10. I took a break from them in high school because, quite honestly, chasing girls occupied most of my free time. I got back into them while I was stationed on my ship. I read a small library of books which cost a fortune to mail home. But comics were my quick fix when I needed something to read that could be put down in a hurry. I've always been fascinated with comic art. I can't take credit for creating these, only re-creating them with my own hand. Except Leonardo the Ninja Turtle...I drew that one from memory.






1 comment:

  1. Ever look for "assignments" to give yourself? I am a photographer and go out often when an assignment in mind. So maybe I can offer an assignment? haha- I also do music management and work very closely with Joel Port. (www.joelportrock.com) Joel is a Navy Vet also. He nad I did time together in Groton a the SUBASE and at Fort Meade in MD.

    Anyway- his new album releases on Nov 10th. I have many pics of him online for you to use as models. Would you be interested in drawing up a strong superhero version of Joel? I'll use it all over for promotions for him. Giving you credit and in turn promoting you. It could be fun for us all.

    jason@doreygroup.com to contact me directly.
    Thanks- Jason.

    ReplyDelete