Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Distractions

I guess this would be a conversation piece. It has nothing to do with casting a negative light on the United States. As a current member of the armed forces I have sworn to protect the Constitution. No, this picture is just expressing the question of where our true allegiance lies? I am an American, I appreciate all the Earth has to offer, but is it distracting me from my faith? In death I will leave this place and live on in Christ, to the glory of God. With that in mind, I need to remember to peruse my spiritual gain before my worldly gain. The different crosses represent different faiths, with the one true cross bearing the blood of Christ.

A little charismatic, maybe? I'm not that stringent though. I say, "the one true cross," only to mean professing faith in Jesus. That includes Catholics and Protestants of any denomination. The other crosses can be anything put in place of that faith.

Feel free to comment on your views, or how this piece strikes you. I've only ever shown it to my wife and would like to open the floor to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment